- Governmental Boards
- Town Hall
- City Court
- Employment Information
- Government Officials
- Meeting Agendas & Minutes
- Public Records
- Report Fraud
- Annual Audit
- Town Directory
- Emergency Information
- Surplus Property and Vehicles
- Contact Us
BROKEN WATER LINE REPAIRED - October 16, 2018
The broken water line in front of Jonesboro-Hodge Elementary School at 2105 South Polk Avenue has... [more...]
BROKEN WATER LINE ON SOUTH POLK AVENUE - October 16, 2018
A water line has broken in front of Jonesboro-Hodge Elementary School at 2105 South Polk Avenue.P... [more...]
09/24/2018 POWER RESTORED - September 24, 2018
10:22am - Entergy Electric Co has restored power to residents and/or businesses affected by the o... [more...]
THERE IS NO EXPECTED EMERGENCY AT THIS TIME.
If you are experiencing a threat to life, call 9-1-1 immediately.
This page was last updated on: 08/31/2017 at 3:26:32 PM.
EMERGENCY INFORMATION AND PREPAREDNESS
Weather Watches, Warnings, and Advisories
For the latest watches, warnings, and advisories issued by the National Weather Service for Jackson Parish, visit: Current Watches, Warnings, and Advisories for Jackson Parish.
Road Closure Information
Local Road Closure Information
No Jonesboro road closures at this time.
State and Parish Road Closure Information
For up-to-date state and parish road closure information, please visit: 511LA.org.
Drinking Water Information
There are no reported leaks, outages, breaks or other problems at this time.
Sandbag Pickup Location and Information
Sandbags will be made available if a weather event necessitates such.
CodeRED Emergency Notifications
In the event that urgent and important information needs to be delivered to the public immediately, we will contact the public by phone call, text message, email, and social media.
To sign up for our CodeRED Emergency Notifications, please visit: CodeRED.JonesboroLA.org.
Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness (OHSEP)
For important information from the Governor's Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness, visit: Emergency.LA.gov.
Be Prepared with an Emergency Supply Kit
- Water (enough for one (1) gallon per person per day) for drinking and sanitation;
- Food (at least a three day supply of non-perishable food);
- Radio (battery powered/hand crank);
- Flashlight (with extra batteries);
- First Aid Kit;
- Whistle (to signal for help);
- Dust mask (to help filter potentially contaminated air);
- Moist towelettes, garbage bags, and twist ties (for personal sanitation);
- Wrench or pliers to turn off utilities (to prevent leaks and for safety);
- Manual can opener (for food);
- Local map (available at Town Hall).
For more preparation information, please visit: Ready.gov/Make-A-Plan.
- DO NOT walk through flowing water, as drowning is the number one cause of flood deaths. Six inches of moving water is strong enough to knock you off your feet.
- DO NOT drive through a flooded area. Much water is not needed to carry a car away.
- DO NOT drive around road barriers. These barriers are put in place for the public's safety.
- Stay away from power lines and electrical wires.
For more preparedness and safety tips, visit: GetAGamePlan.org.